Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v7.8.8 enhancements & bug-fixes:
- Fix accented characters in ANSI files not found in “find in files” and “replace in files” commands issues.
- Add an option to improve rendering special Unicode characters by using Scintilla’s DirectWrite technology.
- Fix URL invisible issue in dark themes.
- Fix the focus not on the opening new file issue.
- Fix Workspace (Project panel), Folder As Workspace and function list keep focus issue after double clicking an item.
- Add Ctrl+Backspace ability to delete word for comboboxes in Find/Replace dialog.
- Add ability to find-all in selected text.
- Fix wrong treatment of backslashes as escape sequences in autocompletion.
- Enhance “Remove Empty Lines” command: Allow scope to be limited by an active selection.
- Fix loading of project & session files by drag & drop not working issue.
- Fix block selection cursor wrong positions after typing TAB.
- Add confirmation prompt to “Replace all in all opened documents” command to avoid PBKAC.
- NppExport v0.2.9
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Updater (Installer only):
- WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.1.1
Download: | | ~4.0 MB (Open Source)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at